readingrina

Rina's Reads

I love books. What more can I say?

A Touch of Crimson: A Renegade Angels Novel

A Touch of Crimson - Sylvia Day Touch of Crimson is the first book from the new series Renegade Angels by Sylvia Day. The book is centered around a group of Sentinels, Special Ops Seraphim, lead by Adrian Mitchell, whose main goal is to punish the Fallen, angels who have allowed themselves to succumb to mortal pleasures. One offense being pleasure of the flesh, who Adrian himself has fallen victim to. Inadvertently sentencing himself to an eternity of pain as the woman he loves dies again and again, Adrian comes face to face with her new reincarnation in the form of Lindsay Gibson while waiting for a plane in Phoenix. However, Lindsay is nothing like his former love in her past lives, a trait Adrian surprisingly finds himself even more drawn to.

I enjoyed Touch of Crimson very much. Sylvia Day creates an exciting and complex caste system of sorts. The Seraphim hunt the Fallen, angels stripped of their wings and souls, who are now vampires. The lycans are Fallen who have sworn themselves into servitude in order to escape eternity as soulless blood suckers. The balance between all is delicate but someone is hell bent on making it crumble.

This fast paced story keeps the reader interested and the romance between Adrian and Lindsay is hot…scorching hot! Adrian is masculine perfection. He exudes nothing but raw power and sex, making every reader pine for a chance to be the subject of his desire or in this case sin. Lindsay is a female I can confidently applaud. She is strong but not without fault. Her insecurities are real and justified, allowing the reader to feel a connection to her. Oh and let’s not forget about the lycans. Elijah, part of Adrian’s personal pack, is quiet and mysterious, coming in at a close second as most eligible male character in my book.

Sylvia Day’s writing is spot on and I will definitely be on the lookout for book two. Oh and did I mention that the sex was hot?